Welcome to Year 1
Miss Shaikh - 1S
Miss Phillips - 1P
Miss Lawrie - 1L
Please ensure your child brings in their book bags every day.
Please ensure your child has breakfast before coming to school as it can affect their focus and concentration. If you want further information for breakfast club, please speak to a member of the office staff.
Children are allowed to bring in water bottles with water. Fruit juices and squash are not allowed. Water bottles also need to be made from plastic and not glass.
We will be focusing on: Writing Informal Letter
- First person
- Simple sentences
- Include ‘dear’ and ‘from’ (opening and closing)
- Purpose of letters
- Sentence types statements and questions
- Personal pronoun I must be capital
- Finger spaces
- Sequencing sentences related to the same topic.
- Capital letters
- Full stops
- Question marks
- Exclamation marks
- Measurement: Time
- Number & Place Value
- Addition & Subtraction
- Measurement: Capacity & Mass
- Addition & Subtraction in the context of capacity & mass
Cross Curricular - Before I was 12...
This term I focus will be History this term. We will be comparing ourselves to people who are older than us, timelines and what the past is like compared to now.
The key skills we will be looking at are:
- To find evidence by asking questions.
- Understand methods of historical enquiry.
- Make connections, draw contrasts between your life and older people.
- My family and me - relationships in the family. Plotting a family timeline.
- Questionnaire for child and parents.
- Timeline of significant events - explore and understand how to use a timeline.
Science - Use of Everyday Materials
- Distinguish between an object and the material from which it is made
- Identify and name a variety of everyday materials, including wood, plastic, glass, metal, water, and rock
- Describe the simple physical properties of a variety of everyday materials
- Compare and group together a variety of everyday materials on the basis of their simple physical properties.
Our curriculum overviews gives you an idea of which topic your child will be studying at which point during the school year.