Time to Talk
Daubeney Wellbeing team are here to listen!
"Everyone is so busy. I’m finding things difficult."
"I am a bit sad and I’m not sure why?!"
If you fill out the form we will call you back for a chat! Check your Google Classroom for more information.
Welcome to Year 2!
Miss Phillips - 2HP
Miss Cheung - 2C
Miss Patel - 2P
Spellings will be handed out on a Friday and the test will be the following Friday.
Times tables tests
Times tables will be handed out on a Friday and the test will be the following Friday. This is timed so please try to practice using a 5 minute time limit. Children will move onto the next times tables when they get 40 correct within the time limit.
Children in Year 2 have PE every Tuesday and must wear PE kit to school including trainers or plimsoles.
Please ensure your child brings in their book bags every day.
Children are allowed to bring in water bottles with water. Fruit juices and squash are not allowed. Water bottles also need to be made from plastic and not glass and they are clearly labelled.
Please ensure your child has breakfast before coming to school as it can affect their focus and concentration. If you want further information for breakfast club, please speak to a member of the office staff.
- Recall multiples of 2, 5 and 10 up to x12 in any order, including missing numbers and related division facts.
- Recall multiples of 2, 5, 10 up to 12x10 fluently.
Problem Solving & Reasoning:
- Number: Fractions
- Measurement - Length and height
- Geometry: Position and direction
- Measurement: Time
- Write a sequence of events that make sense.
- Use correct punctuation: capital letters, full stops, question marks (when required).
- Past and present tense.
- Use co-ordination and subordination e.g. or/ and/ but/ when/ if/ that/ because to join sentences.
- Use phonics to help with tricky words.
- Spell Year 2 common exception words.
- Correctly and consistently sized words.
- Spacing between words.
Grammar & Punctuation
- Different sentence types (exclamation, question, statement and commands)
- Expanded noun phrases
- Words with suffixes
- Third person pronouns
- Past tense
- Time sequencing words
- First person pronouns
Biology - Plants - How do you keep a plant alive?
- Look closely at plants as they grow
- Describe the changes as seeds and bulbs grow into plants
- Predict based on what I can see
- Discover what plants need to live and stay healthy
- Investigate what a plant needs to grow
- Compare different plants in the local environment
- Use scientific vocabulary
Cross Curricular - Geography
Australia - Why should we visit Australia?
- Compare geographical similarities and differences
- Name continents, oceans, seas, capitals
- Identify how humans adapt to their geography
- Identify physical features, including climate zones, mountains, rivers, and biomes
- Develop collages based on a simple drawing, using papers and materials.
- Collect natural materials to create a temporary collage (an autumn tree/ the school building using sticks/rocks/leaves etc).
- Develop tearing, cutting and layering paper to create different effects.
- Select materials according to their properties
Our curriculum overviews give you an idea of which topic your child will be studying at which point during the school year.