Sustainability is the ability to maintain our current needs without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their needs. When we talk about ‘future generations’, we mean the children of today and the future.
At Daubeney, we try our best to be as sustainable as we can be by teaching and modelling sustainable ways of living. Below are examples of what we do and promote as ways of living a more sustainable life:
- Encourage others to recycle
- Re-use paper/plastic
- Reusable water bottles
- Switch off lights and other appliances when not in use
- Walk or ride a bike to school
- Pack a healthy lunch (not pre-packaged)
- Carry a cloth bag with you instead of using plastic bags
- Fixing broken items instead of buying new ones
- Think – Do I NEED this or do I WANT it?
- Eat less meat (Daubeney do Meat-free Mondays for school lunch)
- Think about water usage. Close taps when not in use