Friends of Daubeney
Friends of Daubeney is an organisation of parents and staff. Its role is to encourage closer links between home and school and organise Fundraising events to provide an opportunity for parents, staff and pupils to get together.
How is money raised?
Friends of Daubeney raises money through events. They often hold one main event each school term – for example, a Christmas fair in the winter, a quiz in the spring, and a summer fair. Other Friends of Daubeney events include school uniform sales, discos, firework displays, international evenings and many more. They’re always looking for new fundraising ideas.
Some Daubeney parents are participating in the Tough Mudder Half in Crawley on September 16th to raise money for the Friends of Daubeney and are looking for future challenges to continue to fund raise: https://www.justgiving.com/
You can raise money for Friends of Daubeney via the online shopping that you do anyway through Easyfundraising. All you have to do is:
- Go to: https://www.easyfundraising.
- Enter Friends of Daubeney - Hackney in the search box
- Click Join Us and enter your details and click on Create My Account
- Choose from over 3,300 retailers including Amazon, John Lewis, thetrainline.com, Sainsbury's and Aviva, do your online shopping as normal and Friends of Daubeney will receive a free donation at no extra cost to you for every purchase you make.
How is money spent?
Funds raised by Friends of Daubeney are intended to provide ‘extras’ not already provided by the school's main income – often 'fun things' that make learning more interesting and exciting.
Daubeney Parent association and the Executive Head teacher decide how to spend funds.
How can I be involved in Friends of Daubeney?
There are many different ways you can help with Friends of Daubeney whether you have lots of time to offer or not.
Some of the roles are time-consuming, although also rewarding. If you can’t commit to a big job, look out for things you can do less frequently (eg running a stall at the summer fair, baking for a cake sale). And you can always support Friends of Daubeney events by simply turning up.
Dates for your diary.
- Friday 15 September, 9-10.30am - Coffee Morning in the Infant Hall
- Wednesday 20 September, 6-7pm - AGM in the Infant Hall
- Sunday 15 October, 2-5pm - Tabletop sale
- Friday 10 November, 9-10.30am - Coffee Morning in the Infant Hall
- Thursday 16 November, 8pm - FoD meeting at the Adam & Eve, 155 Homerton High Street